Wednesday 29 January 2020

More about Google Photos

If you know me at all, you know I love science and nature.  I love to take photos of the natural world and I have thousands.  My phone would not work well if all of the space was used up by photos so I always upload my photos to Google Photos.  That way I can delete the photos on my phone without losing all of the memories. 

Google Photos has so many wonderful features.  You can search for your photos by date, location, faces, or words. For example, when I search my google photos for the random word "bike", it brings up all of these pics which are either taken of bikes or show a bike in the distance or up-close, it doesn't matter.  This amazing search facility is just one of the wonderful things that Google does so well.

You can also identify and name people in your photos and then search for that name and it will bring up every image in your photos with that person.  Amazing facial recognition! 

You can use Google Photos on your phone and also on your home computer or laptop.  You can also share the photos easily with friends and family, making albums if you wish.  You can choose whether others can add photos to these albums as well so if you have had a family function, everyone can upload to the same album.

I made a video three years ago about using Google Photos on your phone or your laptop, which I am sharing with you here today. One thing has changed since I made the video and that is that your photos are no longer stored in your Google Drive.  You can access them directly in the cloud by signing in to your google with your gmail and searching for photos.google.com.

If you have any questions about google photos, send me an email, or post a comment below.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment